decided to test the Linux family, began, naturally, with Ubuntu.
After his first acquaintance with this OS faced the problem of a dead screen.
I suffered from her not a little, tried to google a solution, and replaced with another distribution, which installed and deleted several times. As a result, I scored on this your Linux.
And then, after a long half a year, again decided to experience luck, and, about a miracle, everything works fine.
But here my perfaction suck does not give me rest, the TC to change the OS (there are Win10 on the 1st disk, on the 2nd disk – Ubuntu) falls in the BIOS’E to put the necessary media as the boot. And I want to choose it (carrier) in the Boot Menu, which is available by pressing the F12 key during PC boot.
on this topic came to myself against myself, so decided to ask for help.
Also, in my Boot Menu there is a “Ubuntu” item, which remained from the host of experiments, and which when choosing it loads the media selected as a bootable, I would like to get rid of it
I have a Dual BIOS, version F20
Help, please, who can 🙏
Answer 1, Authority 100%
falls in the BIOS to put the desired medium as a bootable.
If there are two (or more) OS on the computer, then you choose some one for another download as it is you need . So?
There is only two mechanisms to do this:
- Two Operations are on two different screws and you yourself choose in BIOS – what exactly download. None of the identity knows anything about the existence of another.
- One of the series “knows” about others. The download always goes from the disk of this pass, and its bootloader allows you to select a specific loadable OS in the menu.
Download Ntloader for Windows does not know how. Loader grub for linux copes with this task easily. Therefore, I recommend you to act like this:
- one of the screws install Windows. It is installed necessarily first . In addition to myself, my beloved does not see anything and when installing the second one can carry nafig everything that she does not like it.
- Installation is made so that one of the disks (or one of the disk partitions) remained not busy window.
- Insert the installation CD or Ubuntu flash drive and install Linux on free disk. To do this, you have to specify it explicitly when the installer asks whether you agree with the default disk installation. You need to say that you yourself have a head and specify a free disk.
- When you correct the table of installation partitions, it is very important to specify that the download will go exactly from Linux disk. This will lead to the fact that the installer will install Grub there, the BIOS will ship the GRUB, and it will give you the ability to choose a downloaded OS.
- complete the usual installation.
- in Bios once Specify the download from the Linux disk.
As a result, you get the so-called. Multi-loading system. Configuring GRUB is easy to set which system will be loaded by default – Linux or Windows.
He has a lot of opportunities. Up to the point that the background of the download can put your picture. 🙂 But, the main thing: GRUB provides loading of many different OS, from the carriers located on HDD / SDD on this computer. Kwalky, as you wish! You can install Windows 95, Ubuntu 20.04, Windows-10 and LFS on one computer 🙂 Grub will figure it out.
PS: If you want to install Linux on which Windows is already standing and it captured all Sections / discs on this computer, then the Linuch Installer will offer you to “click” one of the window-visual sections. This is not a very beautiful option, but for the first time – it will be used. Just check the partition disk space that you will offer the installer …
EasyBCD is a powerful tool for modifying the loader, which has a wide range of applications and applications. It can perform many tasks varying complexity and use, from the simplest to advanced and customizable functions.
Please use EasyBCD with caution.
EasyBCD free for personal use.